omne
Hello, guest!

Spring Y3
8.29.19 - 10.13.19
by Split, 08-31-2019, 09:06 PMRE: News Archive
It's time for an update to how we handle time! Now that we are a couple days into the first season of this year, I'll explain how our flow of time will now work. We will be keeping double time, but our time will be more fluid. Essentially, from here on, you will be allowed to back date threads.

All threads from here on out will need to have a date AND time listed in the thread title. This will allow users to see exactly when a thread occurred.

Previously, if you posted a new thread, the time and date that thread was posted was the time in which that event was happening. We are altering the rules regarding timelines to allow you to backdate threads for any date in the current year. (This is Year 3.) So this year started on 8.29.19. You may date a thread from the current date backward to the first day of the year. So as today is 8/31/19, you may date a thread for any date between 8/29/19 and 8.31.19. You may not date threads forward.

So as the year progresses, you will be able to date threads for any time that has already passed in the year, but you must be careful not to break your own character's timelines. The best way to track a character's timeline is to go to their profile and click the button on it labelled "Thread Log". It shows every thread the character has ever participated in. Likewise, events that would break your timelines should also be carefully monitored. So, for example, if I posted a thread for a character dated for today in the desert, it would break the timeline if I posted a thread dated for the 29th in which they ended up dying.

Excessively breaking your own timelines or other characters' timelines is frowned upon and if done consistently, Staff may intervene. Tomorrow I will be instituting changes to leader logs and pregnancies that reflect these changes, so keep an eye out! Please DM or PM a staffer if you have any questions.
News Archive
Character OTS Katchneil
Relationship OTS Ariodeoux & Dragon
Player OTS Kaitlyn
Thread OTS Detatched

[AW] Lovely Weather, eh?

Ruth

Profile Thread

Gems: 9 Gems
Other Accounts

Her magic was getting stronger. She could feel it. Although, it was hard to practice it seeing the type of magic it was, but nonetheless she could still feel it growing in strength.

There were no test subjects she could practice on, though. The critters were successful at hiding themselves, so she was forced to think of something else to do. She had to admit, the fact that she couldn't hunt in the territory sometimes sucked. Even predators got lazy sometimes; especially being a Hunter for everyone, so it was a lot of walking in and out of the territory.

She figured she could just hunt a bit later in the day. For now though, a quick drink at the lake would be nice, followed by a nice mid-afternoon nap. The water tasted...water-y. As all water does. It was nothing out of the ordinary for her.

And on the topic of naps, she should really find something to make her den more comfy.

Thread Log
Adopt one today!

Mutations Event Only: Ruth is now male, with a deep, soft voice. He has no outer-ears, and is visibly blind.

Split

Gems: 307 Gems
Other Accounts
Mutation Roll

Ruth rolled a 1, successful mutations. She rolled a 3, offering three mutations. She rolled 14, 4, and 2. This corresponds to Sex Swap, Blindness, and No Outer Ears. She will suffer from these mutations until the end of the season unless she touches the water in another thread and is rolled for again. These changes may be permanent if Kitty would like them to be! If you elect to make them permanent, please post in Profile Updates with the appropriate updates.

Ruth

Profile Thread

Other Accounts

Yep. Water-y water. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Until her vision started fading. It was the only thing she noticed, in that moment. She needed a large moment to process what the heck just happened. Her eyes are open: check. She doesn't have a headache: check. She isn't dreaming: check.

What...what the hell happened?

Something felt weird. Something around her legs. Now there was a weird weight to it, as if she were carrying something. She looks around--still nothing. Blackness. Darkness. “Hello?” Pause! What was that?

Was that...my voice?
It sounded masculine, deeper but soft. She sounded like a guy. Oh no. “Hello?!” her brows crease in anxiousness. The forest floor is soft beneath her yet her sight remains non-existent. “Kicheko! Somebody! Help me--I-I'm blind!” it felt so weird to speak, and weirder yet to yell something like that in hopes someone would hear.

In hopes Kicheko would hear.

What was happening to her?

Thread Log
Adopt one today!

Mutations Event Only: Ruth is now male, with a deep, soft voice. He has no outer-ears, and is visibly blind.

So many thoughts had been bouncing around Amelia's head lately she just really needed a break. She wanted to not have to think, and that meant the woman was trotting alongside the river, listening to the rush of the water, basking in the total silence it offered her mind. She paused after a few moments, focusing out on the river in thought. Did practicing her magic count as hunting? She could bring down creatures with the power, but so far she'd not killed any with her neat little wall of wind. Hmm...

Staring out into the water, the woman pulled herself together, marveling that when she'd arrived she'd thought magic didn't exist. Even that first tug of magical awareness had felt foreign and strange, but now? Her muzzle pulled into a grin as #wind prison activated, stirring up the air over the water. Finally, it seemed, the fox's luck had run out - she hadn't aimed quite right and her own magic was starting to drag her from the bank. "Uh-oh," she hauled herself backward, activating #quick reflexes in an effort to escape the wind that was starting to suck at her fur.

She just barely managed to get clear from the very edge, and was left panting in panic as she watched the prison. She watched it peter out before she began to walk again, noting that even with her faster reflexes she had nearly gotten dragged into the river. That would have spelled death. Her ears twitched when she heard a voice, and she was about to bound toward the strange call when something snapped at her ankle. The yelp of shock that left her quickly turned to disgust when she saw the snake, hissing at her. No hunting indeed, but that serpentine beast was a danger to the children. Usually not one for killing, while #immunity was giving her a boost against the venom delivered from her not-quite-friend, Amelia quickly snapped her jaws shut around it, killing the creature as quickly as possible.

She hated snakes, and totted it to the water to toss it away. Her tongue rasped over her ankle where blood had pooled to the surface, and then she was back in movement, wincing a bit and knowing her ankle would be swollen by morning. Oh well. She'd have to go to Mitis and get it checked out. until then. "Hello?" Amelia spotted the slate-blue feline, and while the cat smelled like Salvus, they were clearly not someone she knew. Well, Amelia thought, the feline looked like the one who had been around at the meetings, the hunter, but at the same time something was... off. This was a male, first of all... Amelia paused some distance away and glanced at her ankle, annoyed. She stepped to the water's edge and quickly and carefully dunked her paw in a few times, hoping to wash away any bacteria. Venom was one thing, but a bacterial infection could kill her faster than some measley bite.

Little did she know the water itself was the cause of poor Ruth's predicament. "I heard you calling for Kicheko," Amelia said, pulling back from the water's edge, "but I'm not sure where he is. I'm Amelia, though," she watched the poor blinded feline, unsure of how to help out, and so ducked her head to quickly lick some of the water off of her dampened leg.

Yikes.

KittyKookiez

Gems: 471 Gems
Other Accounts
Mutation Roll

Amelia rolled a 1 for success in getting mutations. She then rolled a 3 for having 3 mutations. Her mutations, respectively, were 5, 11, and 4: an extra pair of eyes (up to 2 eyes, can be any color placed anywhere), an alternative head, and complete blindness.
@Nibi

Ruth

Profile Thread

Other Accounts

She was frozen. In shock. In disbelief, if you will. She was blind. Blind. And then--she just called out for Kicheko. As if no one else could help her. How did she sound? Ridiculous. Stupid. But she's blind!

Think. She sniffs the air, finding the scent to be familiar, and yet not. Fox, of Salvus. But who again? Think. She met her at the meeting.

Whatever. She's of Salvus, and she's a girl. Safe enough. Oh wait, she just said her name was Amelia.

Almost missed that.

“I'm blind...” she says, trying to keep the whimpering and fear out of her voice, “I was wandering the woods to find something to practice my magic on, and then I came to the river and took a drink, and then suddenly I was blind. And--” she sniffed the air to get a taste of her own scent, “I don't smell like a woman...” she was too scared to sit down and confirm if her theory was true.

Better to stand catatonic.

@Nibi
Thread Log
Adopt one today!

Amelia Stark by Split
Amelia's vision grayed at the edges as the leopard remained totally still. And then it went black.

Amelia staggered backward, unaware of the other two changes that occurred at the same time as her sudden onset of blindness. The first was that a second pair of eyes had manifested themselves right along her collarbone, and the second was that her head had changed, turning into a tiger's head with staring, blind green eyes and her same freckles. It would have been a startling transformation to behold had Ruth's own eyes not been blinded as well.

For a moment Amelia thought that the snake which had bitten her had killed her. For a few moments she even thought it had blinded her, but if that was the case, then why was the man - the woman? - saying they had drank from the water before they went blind? Amelia's jaws parted, open and slack as she tried to decide if she needed to scream for help. Scream for Mitis, maybe, or Vulcan or Mihnue. Anyone at that point because she couldn't. See.

Her ears twitched, pinpointing the voice of the leopard. She inhaled, and then began the slow, steady shuffle toward the water again. One way to find out. "Well," Amelia said, wobbling on her own legs and slipping slightly as she navigated the bank, suddenly glad she didn't need to eat as often as others to survive, "that makes two of us... I stuck my paw in... and now I'm blind too..." she slipped again, stumbled, and rolled into the shallow waters by the bank. The shock made her yelp, and she splashed for a few moments before she got her feet under her and was able to get her head up above water. Panic rolled into her system, and for a moment she couldn't think. She couldn't form words, and simply let out a series of frightened yips. Her vision wasn't returning. She was going to drown (even though she kept kicking her hind paws against stones - she was in just over her head) and the only one to hear it couldn't even see to help.

The tiger-headed fox struggled while the two pink eyes on her chest kept blinking, trying to keep the water from burning them as the vixen tried to get closer to shore. She was going against the current, and was thrilled suddenly that there hadn't been flooding rains to swell the river.

@KittyKookiez

"Wanderlust."

Art by Split. Stock found here.

Ruth

Profile Thread

Other Accounts

'That makes two of us...I stuck my paw in...and now I'm blind too.'

Oh no.

A blind leopard and a blind fox. What more could she ask for? Focus. She says she touched the water too, and it made her go blind. Okay. So it was the water that turned them; she hoped. No biggie. If it was the water, then it could turn them back, right?

It seems the vixen had the same thought. Her ears strained (ears? Where?) to hear the tiny pawsteps of the vixen as she presumably made her way to the water. Her tail twitches; is she drinking the water? Has she even arrived at the water yet? It's only a few feet away--did it make her mute?

No, no. It was probably much worse.

Because what happened next was heckling terrifying. She heard loud splashing, some struggling, and then the sounds of alarming, loud yips. It was uncanny, because Ruth didn't know much about the sounds foxes made (they were rather rare where she came from). But it was common sense to know that Amelia needed help, and she needed help now.

Move, Ruth, move! Was she even Ruth anymore? What's the masculine version of 'Ruth'? She forced her paws to release themselves from their catatonic state, yelling at her muscles to get a damn move on before Amelia drowned. She didn't think about the fact that maybe Amelia was overreacting to the water and being blind; all she knew was that they were both blind, and that one of them was drowning.

She might drown too, come to think of it. Not like the superiority of a few seconds more of blindness would help with nagivation. But here goes!

Ruth dives into the water. Not the best option but, the water isn't that deep, and she was using Amelia's splashing around to guide her. She might have gotten hit in the head by a paw or something on to way to grab Ame's scruff. Actually, was this even her scruff she was getting to? Was she even about to grab onto anything at all?* Everything was so confusing.

And the water. Oh Cadis, the water--it took on a whole new meaning now. Once a savior to billions, trillions, quintillions of lives, was now dooming animals to blindness, sudden gender changes (yes, she could really feel it now), and drowning! It enveloped her like an icy cold blanket, although maybe it only felt colder than it actually was because she was blind. But it terrified her. Her whole body screamed for her to get out the water. To save herself and not think of anything else. They were both in trouble here, if Ruth could not get a hold on any of these rocks.

She had to fight her instinct to flee, because everything was seeming like an enemy now.

*Vague for a reason so that you can say in your post if Ruth is successful or not. Also, feel free to powerplay whether Ruth--assuming she grabs a hold of Ame's--manages to catch hold of a rock or not.

@Nibi
Thread Log
Adopt one today!

Kicheko

Profile Thread

Gems: 17 Gems
Other Accounts
Kicheko Faraja
He couldn't be everywhere at once. He was just one man. When he heard the distant calling, he huffed as the adrenaline rose in alarm. What was going on? Why, and who, was calling in such panic? He set off, working to make rough estimate of the origin of the calling--he may have very much so lost track of the location if it hadn't been for the frightened yipping of Amelia. Was Shadow causing trouble? Had Rudis frightened Amelia and another? Was there yet another threat to face? #Water Shield protected the hyena from a large insect that had gotten caught in the hyena's run path, likely a grasshopper of some sort, as he sprinted. Soft chattering noises leaked through his semi-parted jaws as he came upon the river that Amelia and Ruth were caught in.

Amelia and Ruth.

Amelia... and Ruth...?

He skidded to a halt, dumbfounded at the display. Ruth, ears pretty much nonexistent. Amelia with a head that wasn't her own, as well as an additional pair of eyes. Splashing around in what Kicheko had thought was shallow waters. Though, it definitely didn't look like fun splashing. As he charged forward, he couldn't help but confirm the male scent that came off of Ruth. It smelled like Ruth. But also... not like Ruth. Nevermind. That would be discussed after Kicheko got them out of the water. #Waterwalk kicked in, allowing the surface tension of the water to support his weight. Though, that didn't stop actual contact with the water, though. The currents lapped at his toes as he moved to near the struggling Salvus members. His maw fell open before leaning in with an attempt to grab Ruth by the scruff. He could only pull one at a time. His choice for Ruth being first wasn't influenced--yet something random and unthought.

"Inquiry."
Art by DrakynWyrm - Code by Mewwn

Nibi

Gems: 370 Gems
Other Accounts
Kicheko severe mutation roll on the Discord produced a result of 2! Kicheko evades mutation for this thread.
Cackling mweor adopt of Nibi by .:. Deltoki .:. (#88383) on Mweor.

Shadow

Profile Thread

Gems: 153 Gems
Shadow was wandering around in the woods. He was hunting again. Even though he knew he still wasn't allowed hunt in the forest to he refused to eat from the prey pile. I am not eating some stale nasty catch that someone touched. Especially if its from that filthy mongrel king. He's a week leader. As he has shown again and again to me. His musings were broken by a familiar voice as he kept wandering. Amelia? When the word blind hit his ears he filled with panic and raced towards her. I hope she is ok. She's the only friend I have right now outside of my family.  

Once they came into view he saw Kicheko pulling trying to help a male leopard out of the water. He looked familiar but he couldn't place were he saw him. Maybe he is a resident? I feel like I've seen a leopard that looks like that at the meeting? As stopped near the edge of the water looked around until he saw a fox with a tiger head. Instinctively his hackles went up and he backed away and turned around.  I am not helping that freak. Its not my friend. Someone is playing a cruel trick. Pangs of guilt hit him and he turned around. Turning back he watched it struggle to swim. It has to be her Why does she have a filthy tiger head? I will kill who ever did this to her so help me. Anger filled him as he worked on trying to figure out weather to go into the water. 

Eventually he relented.The angered wolf walked into the water and swam over to the fox headed tiger and placed his jaws around her neck and began pulling her to shore. Once she was closer he dragged her onto the dry show a and left her a few feet from the water. Still in a foul mood he walked a few feet away and shook the water from his pelt. Turning around he walked back over to the tiger headed fox with his hackles up growling like a crazed monster as he slowly walked back towards the strange creature. Rage filled him. He hated tigers and hated even more that this thing was near him. As he walked closer a familiar scent hit his nose and he stopped growling when his hackles dropped. "Amelia? What happened to you?" His voice and face were both filled with confusion. I am a monster. I wanted to tear her apart. Sorry and guilt filled him. He wanted to run and planned on it. But first he wanted to see what the fox headed tiger had to say.

OC note: I have permission from Nibi to pull Amelia from the water with Shadow.

KittyKookiez

Gems: 471 Gems
Other Accounts
Mutation Roll

Shadow rolled a 1 (successful mutation), a 1 (1 mutation), and a 10 (alternative tail). Are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'? *lenny face*

Amelia Stark by Split
Paws kicked frantically at the water, trying to get a grip, trying to find her way to shore. She heard movement from the leopard and found herself grateful that even in a shared state of helplessness the other tried. Still the feline missed her, and Amelia tried her best to not hit the other. She heard more steps, couldn't place who was coming from where only that there was someone pulling Ruth away. For a moment she felt like giving up - sure it would hurt Salvus to lose a set of paws, but what use was she blind?

Without sight, she was useless. Entirely useless. The pink eyes on her chest blinked rapidly against the sting of the water, while her own green eyes were snapped shut against it. She kicked and struggled until jaws caught around her scruff, and then she went lax, letting herself be pulled from the water. It was shallow enough that she should have been fine, but without the ability to see it had become a death trap. It had become something terrifying. 'What if the kids fall in?' She thought, laying down and panting in frantic puffs. Something about her muzzle felt off, but she couldn't place what it was. Couldn't place there was anything off until she heard the growling.

The woman staggered back to her paws, shaking, and lowered her head to protect her throat. Lips pulled back to show teeth, green eyes open wide and not seeing a damned thing. Her shoulders were up, waterlogged fur up on end as best as she could get it. Why the hell was Shadow snarling at her? Was it really Shadow? It did smell like Shadow. Was she facing the right direction? Her ears twitched, and she tried to keep herself facing the source of the snarling as it drew closer. 'I'm going to die I'm going to die this is how I actually die not in the water not because of the gods but right here and right now because of a stupid wolf who can't recognize someone!' She kept her teeth barred out of necessity until the wolf spoke, and even then she didn't dare lift from her defensive stance.

She had made a mistake suggesting to take him with her to travel. He was a danger to everyone that much was clear as daylight to her, even if she couldn't see. "The water made me blind," she answered, her heart still racing. Her voice sounded slightly off to her ears, the same way her mouth felt... odd. Like she had too many teeth. Her ears seemed too small as well, and when she moved she was hyper-aware of her whiskers hitting her legs. They had never been that long before, had they? "And it did worse to- to- to them," she tried to jerk her head toward Ruth, unsure on their name, and the sudden movement made her stagger. A lot of her equilibrium relied on her ability to see.

@KittyKookiez @Mewwn @Skyhawk

"Wanderlust."

Ruth

Profile Thread

Other Accounts

She tried to grab hold of Amelia, but everytime she felt the brush of fur, it was gone before she could get a grip. Ruth realized just how easy it would be for them both to drown here. If her head ducked into the water for too long, she would be unable to figure out where the top was and subsequently fall deeper into the water.

The water wasn't deep enough to be entirely damning, but who knows how capable it was now that their sight had been robbed for them. It's why they had to get out of there asap, but Ruth couldn't get a hold, and her anxiety began to get to her. She wasn't going to let up though; she refused. But as soon as she mustered up some more courage, she felt a heavy pressure on the scruff of her neck, followed by the coldness and pressure of the water leaving her body. She was being lifted out of the water, and by the sounds, it sounded like someone else was lifting Amelia out too.

As soon as she was out, on her feet, and done coughing, she managed to decipher through scent who exactly had saved her. The moment she realized it was Kicheko, warmth spread through her cheeks and she bared her fangs. “I had that!”

It seemed instinctual, the need to yell. It was as though she were being attacked--and she might as well have been. Her pride. She goes blind, falls into the river trying to save another blind person, fails, and is instead saved by Kicheko Faraja himself. Could she feel any more incompetent?

The embarrassment turned to anger, which in turn became directed at him in the form of furrowed eyebrows and a flash of fangs. “I could have saved her!” she yelled, ignoring whatever was happening with Amelia and the rando. Her eye-aim wasn't entirely directed at him, not exactly sure where he was, and that only made her feel even more incompetent. A never-ending cycle of inferiority. She was hoping she was looking in the right direction, but in reality she was kind of looking at the space to his right, “You didn't have to save her! I could have had it.”

@Mewwn - Ruth yells at Kicheko
Thread Log
Adopt one today!

Kicheko

Profile Thread

Other Accounts
Kicheko Faraja
So much was happening. He strained to bring Ruth out of the water, and meanwhile, Shadow had shown himself. Definitely made himself known to the hyena with monsterous growling as Amelia was roughly dragged from the waters, by the neck. Despite the foreign shape of her head, Kicheko knew it was Amelia. And Shadow dared bare his fangs threateningly at her. And to make things even better, once Ruth was situated, she had turned on him, yelling and scolding. Her voice had sounded somewhat off, but the hyena assumed it was due to the tone used. He pulled himself back from Ruth, feather-decorated hackles rising as his ears tugged back tightly. So much was going on, and Kicheko needed to get a grasp on it. First off, the biggest stressor right now: Shadow. He forced himself away from Ruth, stomach swirling in a storm of nausea and panic as he rounded on the young wolf.

"That's it. This has gone too far, Shadow. I tried to be fair. I tried to help you. I tried so hard to make you happy and comfortable here. But it's obvious your prejudiced ways are more important than the safety of an innocent creature like Amelia. More important than the safety of anyone in Salvus." His voice was strained, the hyena forcing it not to tremble under the high stress as he aimed to come no closer than two feet from the wolf as his jowls lifted furiously. "You need to leave, Shadow. There has been no improvement in your behavior. You refused to learn or consider anything different at every turn. And now you've just shown me I have every reason to think you're a threat to others here. Whether Amelia chooses to go with you or not is completely up to her. But I can not have you running around the forest like this." He was smart enough not to say it, but he hoped Amelia chose not to go with him. Shadow would undoubtedly hurt her.

And now the issue with the water. Amelia had said it made her blind while claiming it did worse to Ruth. He had noticed Ruth's scent altered itself, somewhat. What for, though? He'd get to that later. He had to deal with Shadow. He braced himself for whatever reaction he would be graced with--verbal abuse, violence, pleading, whatever Kicheko could think of, he worked to mentally prepare himself.

OC: Kicheko is giving Shadow the boot :c

"Inquiry."

Shadow

Profile Thread

Gems: 153 Gems
Each word his friend said made him feel terrible. It wasn't long before Kicheko came over and cut into him. Rage filled him with each word that was flung at him by his soon to be former king. I made one mistake and the mongrel wants to toss me out. He said he wanted to help me. That he would forgive me. I did not hurt anyone here. I should kill him for this. Or at least rip those feathers from his face.  Slowly he turned to the hyena and raised his hackles and growled. The enraged wolf would take two steps closer to the hyena then stop and lower his hackles to speak.

Each word that left his maw was filled with anger and hate, "Your a fake king. You said you wanted to help me and here you are tossing me out. No second chance. I will come back and you will be sorry. Your whole family will be sorry for the way you treated me. Your no different than my slave masters. The mark on me will remind you that I am breaking the rules you have set for me. You will not sleep knowing I am out there. You will feel each transgression I do. I am the monster that you created."  Slowly he turned back to the tiger headed fox and took a few steps in her direction. He felt guilty. He should not have exploded at Kicheko. He was broken and his voice reflected it, "I'm sorry my friend. I made a mistake. I'm....so sorry." He turned his head back to Kicheko. Glowing golden eyes wandering around on the ground. He couldn't make eye contact. With his head hung low he walked over again, "Your right. I am a monster. I need to go. I'm sorry. Promise me my family can stay they don't deserve to be thrown out for my transgressions. I will leave without issues."

Shadow turned an quickly left. Inside he felt bad. He had just lost his home and the first chance he had for a normal life in a long time. Pausing to look back a tears came welling up. He missed his family and it hit him that it was all his fault.

-Exit-

Amelia Stark by Split
She could hear yelling from the leopard, shouting at Kicheko, but her whole focus was on trying not to hyperventilate. Her lips kept pulled back from her teeth, head lowered, vibrating from toes to tail tip. "His whole family will be sorry? They're my family too!" She yipped, taking a staggering step back when Shadow spoke to her. She slipped into a sitting position - literally as one paws slipped on a rock - and swung her head. Her family - what a strange set of words.

Still, as the wolf left, she felt a pang of guilt tug at her. It was her fault for touching the water, it was her fault for being unable to help the boy. But he had been given chance after chance after chance, and there was no way she could go with him now. Not when she was blind, not when he had tried to attack her, not when she couldn't even understand what was wrong. Her muzzle opened and closed a few times, jaw working as her heartbeat began to slow back toward normal. "I am so sorry, Kicheko... I promise I- I'll do whatever it takes to make sure Miss Mitis and your children are safe I-" her ears pinned to her head. How could a blind fox help? She couldn't even hunt now! "I-you and Miss Mitis wouldn't mind if I nested near your den, would you? I can at least keep an ear on the children even if I can't see them-" she usually kept a neat little den inside the territory in a place where she could access both the Faraja den and another territory to hunt. Now that was kind of up a creek.

She tried to convince herself it could be worse. She tried to make herself believe that Shadow could have really killed her, which made her tremble all over again. It could have been so much worse than a low throb in her paw from the snake bite and the blindness. So much worse.

@Mewwn @KittyKookiez

"Wanderlust."

Kicheko

Profile Thread

Other Accounts
Kicheko Faraja
He wasn't surprised at the aggression Shadow showed. It didn't make Kicheko feel any better, though. It made him feel more of a furious burn in his chest as he stood before the wolf, silent until his rambling was finished. Threats and insults in all their glory. There was absolutely no way Shadow could stay. When Shadow was finished and even as he walked away, the hyena's dark jowls lifted irresistibly. "Yes, threaten me and those I love, that will earn your place back. I told you, if it was severe enough, I couldn't let it slide. Don't come back until you realize why it came to this." He didn't know if Shadow's sporadic switching between aggressive and submissive was a ploy or what, but it wouldn't change a thing. "Your family can stay if they choose. I won't punish them for something out of their control. Fake King or not, I consider myself fair. Travel safely, Shadow. Stay out of trouble." Unlikely. The moment he was done speaking, the hyena sharply turned his back from the direction the dark canine had retreated, taking a moment to allow himself to relax best he could. It wasn't much, but it was containable.

Amelia's words didn't fall upon deaf ears, despite the delayed response. "That's fine, Amelia." His eyes fell onto Ruth momentarily, and he felt his jaws clasp shut for a long moment as he stared. So much was going wrong. "I'm going to find out why this is happening." The Gods must know. He had to find one. "I have no problem hunting for you two in the meantime, though.

Threaten his family then sulk in submission. What was Shadow's game? Who did Shadow think he was? He had to make sure the wolf truly left. By now, the canine was well out of sight. But the scent remained. Eyes shaded in suspicion, the hyena approached where Shadow last stood, lowering his head until his nose hovered inches above the forest in order to slowly follow the trail. "I'm making sure he left." He announced in a low mutter, just a courtesy to let his friends know where he planned to go. Wasn't like they could see it.

OC: Skipping Ruth as it's been 9 days.

"Inquiry."

Ruth

Other Accounts

She waited for a response, awkwardly glaring at Kicheko as best she could, but he didn't do anything. In fact...was he walking away?

Ruth growled in frustration, half-stomping, half-scraping at the earth floor to add with it. He was ignoring her. She was blind now, with a body not completely her own, and now she was noticing the lack of control for her ears. They weren't swiveling like they're supposed to; she couldn't feel the muscles move. One raised paw to rub at her head confirms suspicions: her ears are fucking gone too!

But she can still hear. She can still feel the dip of her ears that leads to the inside (is it possible to touch her brain now?). Her ears hear the growling of a familiar Salvus voice, followed by some talking, and then Kicheko speaks of releasing Shadow from Salvus. Was he about to attack them? Where did he come from? Her head lowers defensively, tail curling to hug her right leg and thigh. But it started to sound like it was unnecessary. Shadow begins to apologize after having made his threats, and then it seems he goes on his way.

Well, what now? They were still blind. Neither of them could hunt, and Kicheko was offering to do it for them. I don't need his stupid help- she interrupts her own thoughts to tell herself to calm down. It's just redirected anger. Her usual feelings of recent inadequacy. She took a deep breath, listened out for Amelia and Kicheko, and waited there standing, wondering what do to.

It was when Kicheko declared he was going to find answers that she made up her mind. “Okay, I'm going to go back to my den then...I wouldn't be much help on the search.” this forest was infested with things she could fall into, trip over, get stuck in, and all sorts of horrors. Without sight, the Primeval Forrest was pretty much a death trap.

Ruth took a few moments to sniff around and see if she could find one of her older scents, then upon finding one, set out on a painstakingly long journey to get back home.

@Amelia I think?
Thread Log
Adopt one today!

Amelia Stark by Split
Amelia's ears laid firm against her skull, head swinging back and forth slowly in an arc. "Thank you, Kicheko.... I think I can find my way as well," the blind fox said softly as she heard Ruth start off. It was so dangerous out here. How could she do anything while she was blind? Tears began to form in her eyes, rolling down the inside of her muzzle and off the tip of her nose. She kept the river to her right, focusing not on its scent or smell but rather on those around her.

'I'm a good tracker,' she thought as she began to move toward the Faraja's den site. 'I must be a good tracker, I must. How else am I getting back?' She wondered, nose to the ground as she moved forward. It was slow going, paths interweaving as the woman walked a bit like a drunk. She staggered slightly at every sharp object that hit her paws and whined softly in her throat. Her own situation took up most of the space in her mind, unable to find pity or sympathy for poor little Shadow's plight that she had inadvertently caused.

-exit-

"Wanderlust."