omne
Hello, guest!

Spring Y3
8.29.19 - 10.13.19
by Split, 08-31-2019, 09:06 PMRE: News Archive
It's time for an update to how we handle time! Now that we are a couple days into the first season of this year, I'll explain how our flow of time will now work. We will be keeping double time, but our time will be more fluid. Essentially, from here on, you will be allowed to back date threads.

All threads from here on out will need to have a date AND time listed in the thread title. This will allow users to see exactly when a thread occurred.

Previously, if you posted a new thread, the time and date that thread was posted was the time in which that event was happening. We are altering the rules regarding timelines to allow you to backdate threads for any date in the current year. (This is Year 3.) So this year started on 8.29.19. You may date a thread from the current date backward to the first day of the year. So as today is 8/31/19, you may date a thread for any date between 8/29/19 and 8.31.19. You may not date threads forward.

So as the year progresses, you will be able to date threads for any time that has already passed in the year, but you must be careful not to break your own character's timelines. The best way to track a character's timeline is to go to their profile and click the button on it labelled "Thread Log". It shows every thread the character has ever participated in. Likewise, events that would break your timelines should also be carefully monitored. So, for example, if I posted a thread for a character dated for today in the desert, it would break the timeline if I posted a thread dated for the 29th in which they ended up dying.

Excessively breaking your own timelines or other characters' timelines is frowned upon and if done consistently, Staff may intervene. Tomorrow I will be instituting changes to leader logs and pregnancies that reflect these changes, so keep an eye out! Please DM or PM a staffer if you have any questions.
News Archive
Character OTS Katchneil
Relationship OTS Ariodeoux & Dragon
Player OTS Kaitlyn
Thread OTS Detatched

[P] {Katchneil} New Found Body

Ariodeoux

Profile Thread

Gems: 19 Gems
Other Accounts
Ario was on his side on the ground, he stretched out his tired achy body, for last night he perhaps indulge in a bit of alcohol. Well deserved of course, it was his first day as no longer the realm’s main healer. Honestly he should have just taken the time to walk to the drinking house for some company, it had been awhile, but he just wanted the first free day to be alone. He enjoyed the peace and quiet. Although something felt off, he just couldn’t think of what. His right paw touched a rock. ”Stupid ghost leg.” Every once and awhile he would feel like he had his leg still, sometimes it would even fool him… even though he lost it many years ago. He tilted his head back and his antlers hit a bush. ”What the?” Confused tired eyes opened and peered forward at the unfamiliar environment. He… was not in his home.

Ario looked down to spot his missing leg was not missing anymore and quickly scuttled up onto his feet, antlers becoming entangled in bush. ”What is going on!?” He paused for a moment to take a calming breath before pulling his antlers out of said bush, finally able to take a good look at his surroundings. ”Okay… relax… perhaps… I drank way too much. Or… I am still asleep… in a very realistic feeling dream.” He seemed to be in some sort of savannah. The closest savannah to his home was miles away. Plus… he has his front right leg. Well not his? It didn’t look like his, his fur wasn’t a dark caramel, his was a greyish white… plus… it was short? So…. what was going on?

He looked around for a moment before spotting a lake of water a ways ahead of him. Ario had to take a look at himself, he needed to see what the heck was going on. Walking quickly over towards the shore his anxiety rose, things felt too real, the sights, the smells, the way the earth felt beneath his paws. He wasn’t dreaming was he? He took another single deep breath as he stopped short of the water and peered into it. What he saw… was not what he was used to waking up to. First of all, he wasn’t a wolf anymore, he was an AWD, so he was shorter a foot shorter than normal. Well, actually that foot that was missing seemed to have gone to … antlers. He probably weighed like.. a third of what he used to... He was tiny! And he now had feathers on his neck!? "I am not dreaming. So… I am an canine bird deer now.” An exasperated look appeared on his face. I really… want to believe that I just drank too much last night.” He gave a sigh knowing though that this was real. All of it. ”Javid… what did I get myself into this time?”

Although if Ario had to admit… he liked this new look. There were no scars, no issues with his vision, he had his front right leg back. And… well quite frankly he looked stunning. Part of him felt bad for oogling himself, but then again he wasn’t used to looking like this at all. He took a few moments to get used to his new looks by peering into the water. "This is definitely going to take some time getting used to."

Katchneil

Profile Thread

Gems: 7 Gems
Other Accounts
[M] for lingo ;3
Oh goose crap. Rank, disgusting, putrid goose crap. Swirling and sticky and blistering hot and littered all across each pawstep of stupid confounded Savannah ground the audaciously stretched its malevolent form before the leopard's eyes. He was perhaps the only spot of blue and the only spot of snowbound in the entire frickin' grassland. Woe, a whole busload of gosh darn woe was he. Was there any actual goose guano lying about? No, but in Katchneil's heart and in his mind it appeared to be god-slathered all over his luck and his day. Because this was fucking disgusting.

Had it been him who had taken that wrong turn? Had it really been him? Or had it been some awful bastard demon, "guiding" his paws and sacking him to the next hottest place one could go on an ugly, unwanted "hot place tour" against their will? Did Katchneil LOOK like a tourist to this Universe?! Yes?! Well then SCREW YOU UNIVERSE because he AIN'T HERE TO SEE YOUR DAMN HOT SPRINGS! Doesn't give a flying F*** about your DESERTS! Gah, this was SUCH A PAIN!!!

Moving at the speed of a dehydrated and very overheated grump cat, the sabertooth trudged loudly through golden grasses, making trails and scaring animals without a second thought. In a lighter mood, one might expect lighter, perhaps even more grateful thoughts, like, 'Well it could be worse, it really is a good that I don't have a big fluffy tail anymore because wow would that be an entirely more difficult world of Suck,' or 'Gee it's a good thing I'm not a more sea-related mammal right now because I can't imagine how painful it would be to basically dry up to death'. But right now, Katchneil had more pent up angst than a tragic hero on a stage lamenting about his love life and daddy issues. He would spit and chew gratitude for the breakfast he'd been really feeling the lack of for the passed half-hour or so.

After a while, perhaps dear kismet had heard Katchneil's desperate plea for mercy... or perhaps his superfluous frustration had finally grown too swelled and encumbering to bear any longer. Breaking into a clear space for but a moment, Katchneil saw it. Pools of blue to match his own-- water!!!! Like a child towards its long lost mother, he sprang.

Some say hitting the surface of water can hurt like cement in certain situations. In this case, such a scenario was dimensions away from being true for the previously slow-baked amur leopard. To dive into the waters was like to enter one's own den after a long and arduous day of work, to plop down on one's bed with a sigh, and to be quickly rowed off to a paradise of the mind where one could safely dream in peace. Cold again, home again. Thank goodness.

Sticking his head underwater fast, Katchneil didn't want to open his eyes in fear of hurting them, so they remained closed as he swam for a bit. Yet despite being closed, Katchneil was still able to find something. #Water Breathing activated, opening his body to the thrilling sensation of underwater breath. Well hot-- I mean, cold dog (gross?), what an amazing feeling. Pleasantly surprised by the newfound ability, Katchneil kept doting along on the water, unsure of whether to accept this power as his own. He was no stranger to magic, but was often a cynic as to whether it was he who possessed it. Well, he was too relaxed now to bother looking up and seeing if someone else was responsible, so he figured he would just use dream logic and not look the gift horse in the mouth. Maybe this was just happening. Maybe somebody was just helping him out. Maybe it was just him. It didn't matter.

For a while that worked, and then, it did not. Paranoia gripped Katchneil with a sudden sharpness, like a claw, and yanked his head above water again. He searched around the surface of land and "sea" like the periscope of a submarine, his body submerged and his head floating above. And then he locked eyes upon a target: a small and beautiful canine staring at his own reflection. Katchneil couldn't blame him. There was a lot to look at.

'Wait, what? No! You did not just think that Katchneil! Take it back!', Katchneil thought, feeling immediately embarrassed. Mentally, he assured himself he would think so such thought again, although he couldn't deny that the guy was pretty. Just pretty. Already thinking back to his last cringey interaction with that red wolf Flame, Katchneil decided that now was the time to make good first impressions, instead of idiotic ones.

Still keeping his body submerged in water for the sake of his own sanity, Katchneil cleared his throat loudly. "Ahem." Yes. And then, "Whatcha doin' there, stranger?"

Yes. Great. Good. This was not bad. This did not suck. Katchneil did not find a lick of attractiveness in this man at all, he was not the slightest bit flustered by any previous or current events, and he was just a normal dude swimming in a river, not feeling excruciating animosity towards any and all of his land surroundings at all.

Yes.

Ugh.

OC: Practiced #Water Breathing for the first time and Being Gay for like, I dunno, let's say the twelfth to the thousandth time.
NOTE: Katchneil is a rude dude sometimes. His opinions do not reflect any of my own towards any character, member, or subject! :3

Ariodeoux

Profile Thread

Other Accounts
Mature: Curse word

Ario was looking at himself trying to come up with some feasible way switching bodies could EVER happen. He didn’t come up with much actual logic behind it though, most of the reasons ended up being mystical or magical or maybe even some higher being. ”Sounds silly. But… here I am… looking at… I guess the new me? … Why do I have to be so small? I’m tiny. This is going to make moving around patients so much more difficult than with three legs.” Why would he be given such a small body? It looked dainty… and fragile, like the was going to break himself if he even ran too fast. Noise coming from the water caught his attention and he looked up right after someone called out for what he assumed to be him. ‘Ahem, Whatcha doin' there, stranger?’

To be honest conversations never were Ario’s strong suit. Or people… in general. He knew how to heal them, fix them and treat mental diseases… but talking to them was on a whole different level. Plants were much better company in his mind… dang… when did he start to sound like ‘old man Javid’.

Ario looked up and his jade like eyes looked confused at the almost fully submerge male leopard. He honestly should be on his toes especially since he was… laughably smaller than he used to be. Persian accent decorated his words as he spoke, ”Um… I was just thinking.” Honestly he didn’t know just how to explain to the man he was in a strange land, in a foreign body. ”Do you perhaps know where we are?” He took a small step forward, a small rock cut his foot. ”ow…” Surely it was small enough he could ignore for now though. There were more important things to focus on. However sterilize activated for the first time and began its work on him. Ario took notice of the small change in feeling, and decided to put that thought on the back burner for now. Right now he needed to know about these lands, where the hell he was, and what the fuck was going on.

Katchneil

Profile Thread

Gems: 7 Gems
Other Accounts
The little man looked up at Katchneil and the leopard quickly, without thinking, threw his eyes in another direction. No eye contact! Nope! Did it look weird? Maybe-- Probably! Oh come on, Katchneil, pull it together you idiotic oaf! Well, there was no taking it back now. Katchneil was only left with the option of dragging his focus back across the sky, towards the grounded canine again. It felt like scraping nails against rock; awkward, painful, absolutely buffoonish. That was Katchneil!

Knowing it would only get worse with time, the leopard suddenly felt desire's wriggly tentacles wrapping around his midriff and pulling him under the water once more. Miraculously, he resisted, and without making some weird, out-of-place noise!

The accent caught Katchneil a little off guard. He admonished himself to stop being off guard so dang often. It was really time he toughened up and got the heck out of the deserts and the savannahs, which also meant getting out of the water sometime soon. Not yet, though; he would allow himself to remain for now, simply because the water was far cooler, and thus a much better option than the land, and being submerged in it made him feel safe, armored, put back together again, in contrast to the heat, which always seemed to melt the metaphorical metal plates often covering his emotions.

As it turned out, the poor man had been thinking. How rude of Katchneil, then, to interrupt. He didn't know where he was. Katchneil felt a little bad about being asked for a location, since he didn't have all that much to provide himself. Thanks to that "Flame" with her cold insensitivity that absolutely did not fit with her bloody maroon pelt. Probably a witch, that one. Right? Maybe? No? Well, whatever, it wouldn't matter until Katchneil found out whether she was following him or not.

Responses. Right, responses. "Mm, well, not really. I know the name, thanks to a particularly difficult encounter," Katchneil finally said, glancing away and making a sour face at the mention of the "difficult encounter". Flame. Who the heck named their own kid "Flame"?! And why had his insults been so lame-- no, nope, now was not the time for that.

Katchneil instantly realized he'd forgot to actually give the name of the land he'd learned. Stammering a little, Katchneil quickly got out, "Uh- um, it's called Omne." Oh, so smooth. Katchneil was feeling smooth as molten rock right now.

With an inscrutable, albeit probably shrewd, amount of haste, Katchneil thought of escape plans. He figured the easiest thing to do would be to dunk himself back in the water and swim all the heck away. The next easiest thing would be to maybe claim being called by Erica or a companion or someone and then skedaddling the opposite direction. Or to claim to smell something nice and "leave the guy back to his thinking". Except all that meant getting out of the cool, nice, safe water. Urrrrgh. There were probably plenty of options that involved being in the water. In fact, maybe just the first option was all he needed in case he needed it. Yeah, it was probably safe.

The water combing through Katchneil's thick fur helped the attitude of safety ruminate within him, and he calmed down somewhat. He could still do this, yeah! There was still more to ask. Clearly, since they were both new here. Katchneil wondered how long this guy had been here. Heck, what was this guy's name? "So, what would your name be? Mine is Katchneil."

Yes. Normal social interaction! It felt like it'd been years.

...Maybe it had been.

OC: Finally responded, so sorry for the wait ack.
NOTE: Katchneil is a rude dude sometimes. His opinions do not reflect any of my own towards any character, member, or subject! :3

Ariodeoux

Profile Thread

Other Accounts
Ario watched the man’s seemingly animated actions… he was peculiar. Then the man spoke, not answering his question, and barely making sense. ”So… he doesn’t know, but he knows the name? So he knows?” It was a few moments of silence before the man actually finally gave up the name he learned. ”So this place is called Omne. As for where they were… it was easy to see that it was a Savannah, and Ario was sure that asking this man about more information about the area was sure to wind up fruitless. Was that judgemental of him? Perhaps a tad, but Ario meant no malice behind it. It was just his logical mind calling out the facts versus caring about social appropriateness. Social wasn’t exactly his thing.

Jade eyes remained focus on the submerged male as the strange man finally spoke again. The man stated his name, and asked for Ario’s. He gave a small smile and spoke, Persian accent filling the distance between them, ”It is a pleasure to meet you Mister Katchneil. My name is Ariodeoux Mazair Rajavi” Ario’s voice sounded at home and warm as he spoke his own name. He then opened his mouth again, ”But, that is a mouthful of a name. You may call me Ario if that is easier.” Just don’t call Ario ‘healer boy’ or ‘that medic’ or something else degrading, he was not a good fighter, but that didn’t mean he didn’t have other ways of retaliating back. After all rule one that Javid told him, “Never piss off a medic. In your time of need, your life is in their hands.” That was rule Ario tended to follow, well… more like have others follow. ”Do you perhaps know anything else about… these lands? I am fairly new to this area.” He knew he just thought that asking the man would be fruitless but… maybe… just maybe this man knew something else.

oc. Sorry it is a bit on the shorter end. :3